General Services Administration fares
JetBlue has been awarded the GSA contract for certain markets to sell negotiated fares to federal government employees for air travel.
The following criteria apply to these special fares:
- They are fully refundable, even if the Customer no-shows their flight
- They have no penalties for changing, cancelling or refunding
- They have last seat availability
- The fare basis codes will contain CA or DG
- They can be placed on hold without payment per the ticketing time limits section below
Acceptable forms of payment
Payment for government fare tickets can only be made with a credit card issued for U.S. official government travel or a government travel request (GTR).
The following are acceptable government credit card prefixes
- MasterCard: 5568-0,1,2,3,4
- MasterCard: 5565-0,1,2,3,4
- Visa: 4486-0,1,2,3,4
- Visa: 4614-0,1,2,3,4
DG (OAL) Government fare filing information
JetBlue is allowed to match government fares filed by other airlines in all markets where we are not awarded the GSA contract.
Travel Agents can expect the following with respect to DG fares:
- The matching fares will have the exact same rules as the fares reserved for the awarded carrier
- The fare basis code will have DG as opposed to CA
- DG fares are at the discretion of JetBlue and are not available in all non-awarded markets
If you have questions about Government fares, contact the Interline and Distribution Support at (888) 538- 2583 option 3. Interline and Distribution Support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Ticketing time limits
In order for our systems to accurately identify an eligible government reservation and apply the appropriate ticketing time limit, JetBlue requires an OSI indicating when a PNR is for travel on these types of fares. At least one of the following combinations must be present in an OSI, otherwise our system will process the PNR as a normal booking subject to our standard ticketing time limit policy.
|MIL GOV FARE
||GOV MIL FARE
||FED GOV FARE
|MIL YCA FARE
||GOV YCA FARE
||FED YCA FARE
Example: OSI B6 MIL GOV FARE
Effective October 1, 2012 the ticketing time limits for government fares changed and JetBlue requires all agencies to adhere to the new policy outlined below.
- Segments booked more than 72 hours in advance of departure must be ticketed no later than 48 hours prior to departure time
- Segments booked less than 72 hours from departure must be ticketed no later than 6 hours prior to departure time
- Segments booked less than 6 hours from departure must be ticketed instantly (i.e. price quote is only valid for 30 minutes in the GDS and then it will expire)
Military Leisure Travel (MIL fares)
Our MIL fare product allows active duty service personnel and their immediate family (spouses or children) to fly on JetBlue. Immediate family members may travel on a MIL fare independently as long as they are able to present proper identification. The MIL fare may be utilized for non-duty travel using personal expenses.
- The MIL fares are nonrefundable and contain the same rules on change fees/cancel fees as our normal, public nonrefundable fares.
- MIL Fare has no advanced purchase requirement
- The fare will always contain MIL in the resulting fare basis code
- MIL fares will NOT have last seat availability. Currently the fares are tied to availability in a single JetBlue fare class (M, R or V class). Once the fare class is no longer available then the MIL Fares for that flight won’t exist.
- Customer must provide the below information in order to confirm the flight:
- Name of the Active Duty Military Member
- Branch of Service
- Military Rank