No Purchase or Entry Fee Required.
1. Contest Period: The JetBlue “Go Get Gifted” Contest (“Contest”) begins at 10:00 a.m. ET on November 28, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 12, 2018 (“Contest Period”).
2. Sponsor: JetBlue Airways Corporation, located at 27-01 Queens Plaza North, Long Island City, NY 11101 (hereafter, “Sponsor,” “JetBlue,” or “JetBlue Airways”).
4. To Enter: To enter, visit www.jetblue.com/gogetgifted any time during the Contest Period and follow the directions to complete and submit the online registration form along with your written explanation of “why you’d make the flyest gift”. Written portion of entry must be in English and not exceed 280 characters. Once an entry is submitted, there will be no revisions or re-submissions allowed. Limit one (1) entry per person. Entries must be original, unpublished, conceived and created entirely by the entrant, and not previously or currently submitted for consideration in any other contest or Contest. Entering an invalid email address, invalid personal information, or multiple entries will result in Contest disqualification. Entries must be submitted and received by 11:59 p.m. ET on December 12, 2018. For the purposes of Contest deadline, the sole determinant of the current time will be the clock on the Sponsor’s server, regardless of what any other timekeeping device might indicate. Entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at time of entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. Entrant assigns all rights of ownership of the entry to the Sponsor, including copyright, publicity rights, and the rights to reprint and otherwise reproduce the entry or parts thereof in promotional, advertising, and publicity materials, in whole or in part, for any purpose, and in any medium, without limitation or compensation or further notification or permission. Publication of an entry is not intended to indicate that the entry has been selected as a prize winner or is favored in any way.
5. Judging Criteria: All eligible entries received will be judged on the following criteria:
i. overall creativity of entry: 50%
ii. how well the entry illustrates why you’d make the “flyest” gift: 25%
iii. appropriateness of the entry to be used in connection with the JetBlue brand: 25%
Entries cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its products or services or other people or companies or violate the privacy or publicity of any person or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity. Any submitted entries containing inappropriate language or content of any kind or that are deemed to not be in keeping with Sponsor’s image will be disqualified. Sponsor and Independent Judging Organization reserve the right to declare non-qualified entries (those that are plagiarized, created under false pretenses or with false statements, show obvious lack of effort, contain incomplete, inapplicable, or inappropriate content, etc.) ineligible.
6. Judging, Verification, and Winner Notification: Eligible entries will be judged by December 13, 2018 to determine five (5) potential winners, based on review and the established criteria listed above. Entries will be judged by a panel comprised of Sponsor’s marketing department and advertising agency experts, under the supervision of the Independent Judging Organization, whose procedures and decisions in all matters relating to this Contest are final. In the event of a tie in judging, the tied entries will be re-judged using the identical criteria until the potential winners are determined. Sponsor reserves the right to designate fewer than five (5) potential winners, if the Contest does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries, as determined by Sponsor and Judging Organization at their sole discretion. Judging scores will not be revealed. Potential winners and each winner’s travel companion will be subject to individual verification by Promosis and Sponsor, including background checks as well as a check of the No-Fly List or other flight-risk lists maintained or accessible to Sponsor to confirm eligibility and help ensure that awarding the prize to any such person or the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest or Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a potential winner and/or travel guest on the basis of the findings resulting from such background check or if a potential winner and/or travel companion fails to properly authorize and/or provide the required information in connection with such background check.
Potential winners will be contacted via email by Promosis to the address supplied during the entry process. Potential winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and liability/publicity release that must be returned and received within twenty-four (24) hours of the time sent to the potential winner. Each potential winner’s travel companion will be required to complete a Travel Release form that must be returned and received within twenty-four (24) hours of the time sent to the potential winner. Any entry or entrant that is determined to be invalid or ineligible according to the judging criteria and eligibility requirements, or any potential winner who does not respond to the eligibility or winner notification or refuses to accept the prize, will be disqualified, and the entry that received the next-highest score from the judging panel will be deemed the prize winner, pending verification. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules. If a winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to require that his/her parent or legal guardian execute all required documents on winner’s behalf.
7. Prizes: Five (5) Grand Prizes: a JetBlue round-trip flight for two (2) departing on Christmas Eve, December 24, 2018, from the major JetBlue airport nearest the winner’s location to the “home” destination chosen by the winner during entry to anywhere JetBlue flies, plus ground transportation to winner’s “home” destination from the “home” destination airport. Return flights will be scheduled on the winner’s choice of 12/27/18, 12/30/18, or 12/31/18, dependent upon availability. Upon arrival at home destination, winner and travel companion may be wrapped as a “gift” for delivery. Approximate retail value of each Grand Prize = $698. Winner and winner’s travel companion must be available to travel on December 24, 2018 on a flight scheduled by Sponsor, or prize may be forfeited. Verified winners who cannot be accommodated on a JetBlue fight to their chosen destination on December 24th, due to seat non-availability, will receive two (2) JetBlue Flight Certificates, for use at a later date, plus a check for $100 toward ground transportation. If a potential winner is already booked on a JetBlue flight between 12/20/18 - 1/7/19, the winner (pending verification) will be awarded the Grand Prize as stated above, and will receive a refund of $598 for the already booked flight, which can then be canceled. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, or local taxes on the value of the prize, and will be issued an IRS 1099-MISC tax form the retail value of prize won. Taxes, fees including baggage fees, and change/cancel policies apply. Additional terms available at: www.jetblue.com/legal. Void where prohibited. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Passengers are subject and entitled to all provisions of JetBlue’s Contract of Carriage. See www.jetblue.com/p/jetblue_coc.pdf for details. Additional terms available at: www.jetblue.com/legal. To view more information regarding applicable taxes and fees, see http://www.jetblue.com/legal/taxes/. Passenger is solely responsible for fees for any oversized, overweight or extra baggage and fees for products/services sold separately, such as Even More Space seats, pet fees, etc. To view baggage fees and other optional services and fees, see http://www.jetblue.com/legal/fees/.
Winner is solely responsible for any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specific herein as being provided. Prize does not include and is exclusive of taxes, fees, service charges, miscellaneous in-flight expenses, and any other personal expenditure. Any costs associated with the prize not specified above are at the winner’s discretion and are not included. Grand Prize winners and their travel companions are responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documentation. Sponsor will not be responsible for replacement of any lost or stolen airline tickets, boarding passes, or other flight documentation once they are in winner's possession. Sponsor is not responsible for any postponement, delays, or cancellation of air travel in connection with the prize. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of such occurrences. No substitution for prize or permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value for any reason. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person.
8. Publicity Grant: By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to grant to the Sponsor and its Contest partners the right without limitation to use the winner’s name, city and state of residence, picture, portrait or likeness, and voice in any future promotional material connected with this Contest, in any manner, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, where permitted, and that such use can be made without additional notification or permission. Winners release the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, Contest partners, their advertising and production agencies, and Independent Judging Organization, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability arising from such use, including, without limitation, claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of right of publicity, and defamation (including libel and slander).
9. Limitation of Liability: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promosis, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical errors in any Contest-related materials; (ii) lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries or emails; (iii) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications; (iv) failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; (v) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (vi) other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (vii) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; or (viii) injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified, and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest and if terminated, at its discretion, award the prizes at random from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
10. Dispute Resolution: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participants' actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Winners List: For the names of the Grand Prize winners, send a standard-size postcard, only, with your return address to: JetBlue “Go Get Gifted” Contest Winners List, P.O. Box 38, Marblehead, MA 01945. Requests must be received by March 12, 2019. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
© 2018 Promosis, Inc.