To help us accommodate your unique travel needs and provide an exceptional JetBlue experience, we recommend you book your travel as soon as possible and add a Special Service Request (SSR). You can add an SSR and choose your own seat when you book online at jetblue.com or with our free app. Just check the box under the traveler info, and dropdown menus will appear.
Need help booking or adding a Special Service Request? Please call us at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) (voice) or 711 (TTY). There’s never a fee to add an SSR to an existing booking.
In addition, please let our airport crewmembers know what assistance you need.
Know Before You Go
- All animals, regardless of declared status, must be trained to behave appropriately in public.
- You should add the animal to your reservation when booking online or notify JetBlue at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) of the animal's travel.
- We must be notified of emotional support animal or psychiatric service animal travel and receive documentation no later than 48 hours prior to departure.
- Emotional support animals are limited to one per customer.
- Animals accepted as service, psychiatric service or emotional support animals must be providing disability mitigation directly to the customer who is traveling.
- JetBlue accepts only dogs, cats, and miniature horses as emotional support animals.
- All animals must remain on the floor. No animal is ever allowed to occupy a seat.
- Working animals, such as those that provide comfort for others or services like drug or bomb detection may not travel as service animals on JetBlue.
- Service animals in training are not accepted for travel on JetBlue.
- Unless you’re at an airport that has a post-security relief area (like JetBlue’s T5 at JFK), if your animal needs to relieve him/herself, you must exit the airport and return through security. Upon request, assistance will be provided by a JetBlue crewmember to and from the animal relief area. Please ask an airport crewmember for assistance.